gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
105313 Posts in 12007 Topics by 1177 Members - Latest Member: fen tractor November 13, 2019, 02:22:14 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
XS1100UK Forum  |  Bullshit Corner  |  In The Garage  |  Topic: CDI unit 8-way plug
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CDI unit 8-way plug  (Read 57 times)

ThUmPeR!

• Rock Hard Member
CDI unit 8-way plug
« on: October 03, 2019, 10:21:18 PM »
Hi all, Iíve almost completely built a wiring loom from scratch and have everything tested except the CDI unit (canít turn her over because Iím also doing engine work to cure an oil leak) I obviously didnít take enough pictures before I popped the old spade connectors out of the 8-way connector block as I have one red/white wire that Iím not 100% confident I have in the right position and as itís a 12v feed (one of two according to the wiring diagram) and I really donít want to be sending 12v down the wrong pin.  Can someone please share a couple of nice clear close up picture of their 8-way connector showing the colours of the wires coming out of the back of the plug then I can use it to check I have mine connected properly before I wrap the loom, connect the wires up permanently and potentially fry an expensive piece of kit?  Thank you.
ThUmPeR! "Don't shiver as you pass me by, cos mister, I'm the one who's frightened" (Townshend)

Tom

• Diamond Cutter
Re: CDI unit 8-way plug
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:23:39 AM »
Have a look in the Haynes manual Thump, theres a diagram of all the wires postitions
It makes you look a tvvat but question everything!!

Tom, belligerent old tosser!!
Dazed and confused

ThUmPeR!

• Rock Hard Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 07:48:16 AM »
I have a clymer Tom although it shows wires going to the CDI it doesnít specify their position in the plug.  Iím pretty sure they are shown on that diagram in the order they appear in the black (left to right on the diagram = clockwise from top left on the block) but I wanted to be 100% sure.
ThUmPeR! "Don't shiver as you pass me by, cos mister, I'm the one who's frightened" (Townshend)

ThUmPeR!

• Rock Hard Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 08:27:32 AM »
Have just found an online manual download elsewhere on the forum and it shows pin locations and seems to suggest my wiring is good.  Thanks for you help Tom

XS1100UK Forum  |  Bullshit Corner  |  In The Garage  |  Topic: CDI unit 8-way plug

gfxgfx
gfx gfx