gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
99135 Posts in 11171 Topics by 948 Members - Latest Member: Paul D December 20, 2014, 05:48:44 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | XS1100UK Register | Part Numbers | gfx
gfx
XS1100UK Forum  |  Bullshit Corner  |  In The Garage  |  Topic: New road tax laws from October
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New road tax laws from October  (Read 300 times)

Wally

New road tax laws from October
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »
Motorists that sell cars privately will not be entitled to offer the “unexpired tax” incentive from October 2014, the Automobile Association has revealed. Sellers will have to claim vehicle excise duty refunds for any remaining months from the Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

See more at: www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/private-cars-cannot-be-sold-with-road-tax-from-october-2014_60347?utm_source=motoring.co.uk&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter&src=motoring#sthash.oVseHSOr.m9Pqpix4.dpuf

Does anybody know if this will apply to bikes as well? I assume it will, if so read car/bike below.

As far as I am concerned it is yet another badly thought out piece of legislation.

If I sell my car mid month I can only claim back next months RFL onwards as I can't claim a part month,
but the new owner would have to pay for the whole of this month resulting in the government getting paid twice for the same month on virtually every private car sale.

If it only applies to private sales are more people going to claim they are traders, if so, what criteria is going to be set to determine how many cars sales per year makes you a dealer.

They say it is cutting red tape and admin, but what happens to the classic car with free RFL? Oh, yes it will create more admin and red tape for no money value at all!

They say that when the tax discs have gone in October it is going to stop people saying the vehicle has 11 months RFL when it actually only has 2 months. Well why not just look it up on the DVLA vehicle check web site? It would be a lot easier than what they are suggesting.

As an aside, if you are in the trade, what are you going to do with customers cars when in for Mot or Service after the tax discs have gone? Are you going to look up on the DVLA website before you drive them on the road? Or just say sod it I can't be arsed and drive them anyway.

Wally

FJ111200

• Diamond Member
Re: New road tax laws from October
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »
I've been aware of this for a while now.
Another stealth tax.
Don't you just love this country.
If you don't support agriculture, quit eating,  yer big bag o' sh!te

XS1100UK Forum  |  Bullshit Corner  |  In The Garage  |  Topic: New road tax laws from October

gfxgfx
gfx gfx