gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
105021 Posts in 11969 Topics by 1174 Members - Latest Member: Sg1100 June 19, 2019, 04:07:02 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
XS1100UK Forum  |  Technical  |  Advice Needed  |  Topic: new exhausts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new exhausts  (Read 751 times)

bikerbillbeetham

new exhausts
« on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
advice ,,, 2h9 exhaust wanted ,,, 4 into 2 ,,, who;s selling/still making them ....mines about done for

labarde

• Hard Member
  • XS1100 1980 then 29yrs later XS1100 1978
Re: new exhausts
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »
Got mine from Heinz Wyes (wyes.heinz@arcor.de) over in Germany its a stainless steel replica for the 2H9 it ain't cheap but I figure you get what you pay for.
There isnt really any other bike than an XS1100

bikerbillbeetham

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 08:35:13 PM »
yeah looked at that system mmmm very nice

bradster

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 08:40:02 PM »
I also got a set from heinz,not cheap but sound good ..... :smile:

They didnt quite fit right ,i had too make a spacer and drop the silencers 8mm to clear the axle properly ,other option was to get them cut and recessed to clear the axle .....went for the easy option an nobody has noticed ..as i said they sound really good an look just like the originals ..... :clap: :clap: to heinz

Miti

• Diamond Cutter
  • Broken..?!! Give it 'ere you wassock..!!
    • Mitiweb
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 09:00:43 PM »
How about keeping the headers and using slip on silencers..?

These are 99.00 a pair...

These are 100 a pair...

Mac (USA Company) do a 4:2 system... P&P will be at least 60, plus import duties and VAT...  It retails for 233.59 and there's some doubt about it fitting a UK bike with oil-cooler fitted...

Or... check out Tusker's Quill system on his Sport thread or try Gazelle for a bespoke stainless steel job...

HTH

Miti
Jeff Mitchell
Glasgow

1974 Triumph Trident T160
1981 XS1100 Sport (x2)
1982 Hesketh V1000
Need a bigger audience for your query?
XS1100UK Owners Club are on Facebook too...

bradster

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 09:16:53 PM »
Hi miti .   

Does gazelle do the reverse cone on the silencer now ?

I enquired a few years ago and he wanted my bike to build the system on,not really suitable for me  :smile:

Have seen a system he made for an old kwak  an it was pretty good so credit due !

Brad

Miti

• Diamond Cutter
    • Mitiweb
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:35 PM »
Hi miti .   

Does gazelle do the reverse cone on the silencer now ?

I enquired a few years ago and he wanted my bike to build the system on,not really suitable for me  :smile:

Have seen a system he made for an old kwak  an it was pretty good so credit due !

Brad

Dunno..?? The ones I've seen are all megaphone style, not reverse cone though...

"Build on Bike" was always the way...

I've seen a few... Pretty good stuff, but I understand they source the silencers outside UK now...

Miti
Jeff Mitchell
Glasgow

1981 XS1100 Sport (x2)
1982 Hesketh V1000

Paul

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 06:56:59 PM »
I know that this is an old post, but I would like to hear of the procedure other people had when they baught an exhaust from Heinz?

I am lookinf=g to do this and would like some feedback.

lta01

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 09:57:53 PM »
I was also interested in buying a system from Heinz. I emailed several times, no replies, so I called him. He speaks good English, good enough to explain that the guy who makes them is very busy, and lead time would be 12-15 months.
I finally opted for rechroming a good set of header pipes, crowns and covers, and getting a pair of stainless replica silencers made by overlander in Australia. Again, lead time is 4-5 months plus shipping. They have not arrived yet but I'll give feedback when they are fitted.

bradster

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
I saw a pair of overlander silencers ,looked pretty good an fit was ok ....probably a better fit than the ones i had from heinz..my ones are for the 2h9..

Paul

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 06:53:52 PM »
Heinz got back to me a few days ago in about a week and gave me a 9 month lead time currently.

I have looked at the Overlander system and they look good but not quite as original looking a Heinz's ones.

A bit concerned about the fitting of the German ones though. What was the issue?

bradster

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
The headers fitted ok ,it was the silencers that didnt have  a recess for the axle .. so when bolted up to the mounting brackets the silencers were hard against the axle on both ends .   I made a couple of spacer blocks out of aluminium  8mm thick  and it  lowered the silencers  enough to clear the  axle .  My shocks are the corrrct length  and everything is standard as in not modified  ...the connecting pipe between the silecers fouls the centre stand slightly, but not a problem  ,just not right ! ...i have lived with it for quite a few years now ,with no problem just slightly  annoys me ...  no one else has mentioned it  and unless you know....well it doesnt really matter !....hope that helps you on your choice ...  these ol bikes are a labour of love and hate at times  :cheers:...

Miti

• Diamond Cutter
    • Mitiweb
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 10:29:41 PM »
That's the first criticism of any kind I've heard about the systems Heinz sells... Anyone else had an issue..?

Miti
Jeff Mitchell
Glasgow

1981 XS1100 Sport (x2)
1982 Hesketh V1000

mathh

• Rock Hard Member
  • ........ Genius ........
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 07:09:41 PM »
That's the first criticism of any kind I've heard about the systems Heinz sells... Anyone else had an issue..?

Miti

I only heard some complaints on some of the very first that were produced. These pipes no longer fitted correctly after the final welding. After that I have not heard of other complaints...

bradster

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 09:05:51 PM »
I wrote about the fit of these exhausts back in november 2013 ,explaining the small problem  at the  rear axle bolt ...maybe im too fussy or just like things to be reasonably right when paying good money for something   ..?.  My criticism  was meant to be a fair  review  on the exhaust  , no point in saying all is good with something when it didnt fit correctly without a spacer...there is no slight meant on heinz or what he sells...    not my intention..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 09:08:59 PM by bradster »

XS1100UK Forum  |  Technical  |  Advice Needed  |  Topic: new exhausts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx